Definition of hyoscyamine in English:
A poisonous compound present in henbane, with similar properties to hyoscine.
- Chemical formula: C17H23NO3
- The tropane alkaloids scopolamine and hyoscyamine were extracted and analysed from N. tabacum cultured hairy roots.
- In all preceding studies, alkaloid production was measured as scopolamine and hyoscyamine only.
- Scopolamine and hyoscyamine are most concentrated in the seeds and can cause anticholinergic poisoning in exposed persons.
Definition of hyoscyamine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan