Definition of hyoscyamine in English:
A poisonous compound present in henbane, with similar properties to hyoscine.
- Chemical formula: C17H23NO3
- The tropane alkaloids scopolamine and hyoscyamine were extracted and analysed from N. tabacum cultured hairy roots.
- In all preceding studies, alkaloid production was measured as scopolamine and hyoscyamine only.
- Scopolamine and hyoscyamine are most concentrated in the seeds and can cause anticholinergic poisoning in exposed persons.
Definition of hyoscyamine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.