Definition of hyperalgesia in English:
Abnormally heightened sensitivity to pain.
- These mediators and the related tissue injury prolong pain and hyperalgesia.
- They also act as mediators of inflammatory hyperalgesia.
- The mechanism for the pain may involve the development of an area of hyperalgesia as a result of myofascial stretch injury.
- Example sentences
- One hypothesis is that both the hyperalgesic and analgesic actions of isoflurane require noradrenergic pain pathways.
- Of particular interest to us recently have been the mechanisms by which these direct hyperalgesic mediators affect primary afferents to lower threshold.
- When H - 8, a protein kinase G inhibitor, was injected 90 minutes after PGE2, however, the hyperalgesic duration was reduced.
Pronunciation: /-ˈjēzik/ /-ˈjēsik/adjective
Definition of hyperalgesia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan