Definition of hyperalgesia in English:
Abnormally heightened sensitivity to pain.
- These mediators and the related tissue injury prolong pain and hyperalgesia.
- They also act as mediators of inflammatory hyperalgesia.
- The mechanism for the pain may involve the development of an area of hyperalgesia as a result of myofascial stretch injury.
- Example sentences
- One hypothesis is that both the hyperalgesic and analgesic actions of isoflurane require noradrenergic pain pathways.
- Of particular interest to us recently have been the mechanisms by which these direct hyperalgesic mediators affect primary afferents to lower threshold.
- When H - 8, a protein kinase G inhibitor, was injected 90 minutes after PGE2, however, the hyperalgesic duration was reduced.
Pronunciation: /-ˈjēzik/ /-ˈjēsik/adjective
Definition of hyperalgesia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.