- (Of a rocket propellant) igniting spontaneously on mixing with another substance.More example sentences
- The Titan uses Aerojet-General LR87 and LR91 engines burning liquid hypergolic propellants that ignite spontaneously on contact.
- Other onboard power sources serve as latent explosion triggers, including batteries, other pressurized systems, fuel cells and hypergolic fuels.
- The testing of the hypergolic performance of the formulations can be achieved without gelling.
More definitions of hypergolicDefinition of hypergolic in:
- The British & World English dictionary