A yellow-flowered plant of a genus that includes the St. John’s worts and rose of Sharon.
- Genus Hypericum, family Guttiferae
More example sentences
- Twenty five years on, the crevices between rocks are filled with cushions of saxifrages, tiny yellow Potentilla cuneata, ferns and hypericums.
- Delicate rosebuds bundled with sprigs of rosemary and hypericum berries update the Old World charm of a classic goose-feather tree.
- Pale orange roses share a julep cup with dusty miller, green hypericum berries, and yellow leucadendron knob flowers.
Latin, from Greek hupereikon, from huper 'over, above' + ereikē 'heath'.
Definition of hypericum in:
- The British & World English dictionary