Definition of hypericum in English:
A yellow-flowered plant of a genus that includes the St. John’s worts and rose of Sharon.
- Genus Hypericum, family Guttiferae
- Twenty five years on, the crevices between rocks are filled with cushions of saxifrages, tiny yellow Potentilla cuneata, ferns and hypericums.
- Delicate rosebuds bundled with sprigs of rosemary and hypericum berries update the Old World charm of a classic goose-feather tree.
- Pale orange roses share a julep cup with dusty miller, green hypericum berries, and yellow leucadendron knob flowers.
Definition of hypericum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia