Definition of hyperlink in English:
A link from a hypertext file or document to another location or file, typically activated by clicking on a highlighted word or image on the screen.
- Also never click on any hyperlinks in any junk email - this again confirms your existence and can lead to a virus being downloaded directly onto your PC.
- You should never click a hyperlink in an email, especially if you don't know who sent it to you.
- Each URL is a ‘Web site,’ or a location on the Internet that individuals can visit by clicking on hyperlinks.
verb[with object] Back to top
Create a hyperlink between (documents or parts of a document): thumbnail images that are hyperlinked to a larger image
More example sentences
- This article may be reprinted as long as the resource box is left intact and all links are hyperlinked.
- It also transfers hyperlinks and file properties or block attributes (AutoCAD).
- I think that you would want to hyperlink directly to the underlying files rather than use the desktop search tools.
Definition of hyperlink in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan