- An unstable subatomic particle classified as a baryon, heavier than the neutron and proton.More example sentences
- The baryon classification took on new members, including particles more massive than the proton called hyperons.
- We now call these particles ‘kaons’ and ‘lambda hyperons,’ but at the time they were simple ‘strange particles.’
- The lightest particles were named leptons, those with medium mass, mesons, heavier particles were called baryons, and the heaviest particles of all, hyperons.
More definitions of hyperonDefinition of hyperon in:
- The British & World English dictionary