Definition of hyperopia in English:
- Whether myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism is present, surgical correction attempts to redirect light rays to accommodate the refractive error.
- Astigmatism may occur with myopia or hyperopia.
- In the treatment of ‘gross’ errors of refraction - myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia - LASIK is one of the procedures of choice.
- Example sentences
- The LASIK procedure can improve myopic and hyperopic vision with or without astigmatism in acceptable candidates.
- The surgical procedure is similar for hyperopic patients, although the surgical technique varies to accommodate the flatter cornea.
- Among the list of abstracts that appear, one describes the author's review of the current status of hyperopic LASIK.
Definition of hyperopia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan