More example sentences
- Whether myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism is present, surgical correction attempts to redirect light rays to accommodate the refractive error.
- Astigmatism may occur with myopia or hyperopia.
- In the treatment of ‘gross’ errors of refraction - myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia - LASIK is one of the procedures of choice.
late 19th century: from hyper- 'beyond' + Greek ōps 'eye'.
- More example sentences
- The LASIK procedure can improve myopic and hyperopic vision with or without astigmatism in acceptable candidates.
- The surgical procedure is similar for hyperopic patients, although the surgical technique varies to accommodate the flatter cornea.
- Among the list of abstracts that appear, one describes the author's review of the current status of hyperopic LASIK.
Definition of hyperopia in:
- The British & World English dictionary