Definition of hyperparathyroidism in English:
An abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium.
- The high phosphorous content of soft drinks might cause secondary hyperparathyroidism, leading to bone loss.
- The diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroidism depends on plasma calcium concentration.
- The guidelines in the treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid carcinoma are not accurate.
- Example sentences
- This condition results from overactive hyperparathyroid glands - a condition in which your parathyroid glands produce too much parathyroid hormone.
- In the study by Lloyd, the specific hyperparathyroid disorder of osteitis fibrosa was used as an indicator of skeletal disease.
Definition of hyperparathyroidism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan