Definition of hypertensive in English:
- It is rare for malignant hypertension to cause asymmetric hypertensive retinopathy.
- The key to the successful management of patients with severely elevated BP is to differentiate hypertensive crises from hypertensive urgencies.
- In this way, another study shows that ventilatory responses to hypoxia were higher in hypertensive patients than in normotensive OSA patients.
nounMedicine Back to top
A person with high blood pressure.
- You whine about hypertensives and diabetics, but some time calculate how much you make treating them.
- One in four American adults have hypertension, and up to 30% of deaths in hypertensives are attributable to high blood pressure.
- In preliminary reports, exercise training in hypertensives leads to regression of left ventricular hypertrophy.
Definition of hypertensive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan