Definition of hypertext in English:
1A software system that links topics on the screen to related information and graphics, which are typically accessed by a point-and-click method.
- Its graphical interface and point-and-click hypertext links made it easy to use.
- The power of hypertext linking and text markup is everywhere apparent.
- In this manner, the merging of expert systems technology with hypertext was quite successful.
1.1A document presented on a computer as hypertext.
- To construct the simplest of hypertexts requires a basic knowledge of HTML code, but a great knowledge of writing practice.
- To summarise very briefly, originally most digital writing took the form of hypertexts, usually hyperfictions.
- The performative nature of hypertexts, such as Storyspace, are easily likened to Barthes' notion of text as ‘a methodological field’.
Definition of hypertext in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan