Definition of hypesthesia in English:
A diminished capacity for physical sensation, especially of the skin.
- Individuals with autonomic neuropathy also may experience paresthesia, allodynia and hypesthesia.
- Typical symptoms are pain, paresthesia, hypesthesia, or numbness in the median nerve distribution of the hand.
- Axillary nerve injury is most common and is associated with decreased active contraction of the deltoid muscle and hypesthesia over deltoid.
- Example sentences
- The next day she was unable to overhand serve and the following day she awoke with a swollen, discolored, hypesthetic right upper extremity.
- The [petitioner] is hypesthetic on the dorsal aspect of the small finger and the ulnar half of the ring finger.
- If the corneal sensitivity gets to the point where the patient becomes hypesthetic, a neurotrophic ulcer develops.
Definition of hypesthesia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan