- 1Produce a state of hypnosis in (someone): a witness had been hypnotized to enhance his memoryMore example sentences
mesmerize, put into a trance
- I didn't hypnotize her, she hypnotized herself, I just helped her along.
- Without any telepathic powers, Dani could not hypnotise someone that did not wish to be hypnotised, but Carl had opened himself completely to her.
- He sees his therapist, who hypnotises him.
- 1.1Capture the whole attention of (someone); fascinate: hypnotized by the rain, Eric stared across the streetMore example sentences
- I was hypnotised by the rhythm of his politeness.
- Her eyes wandered in the circular motion of the black coffee, the trace amounts of sugar swirling inside of it hypnotizing her.
- I gulped, and then looked away quickly before the power of Jonas' gaze hypnotized me into a stammering idiot.
- More example sentences
- Quite simply, the hypnotizable survived at a higher rate, thanks to ritual healing, than the non-hypnotizable, and religion was born.
- I am extremely hypnotizable - nearly a 13 on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Seven healthy, highly hypnotizable volunteers participated in three one-day sessions, a baseline and two intervention sessions.
Pronunciation: /-ˌtīzəbəl, ˌhipnəˈtīzəbəl/adjective