Definition of hypochondriac in English:
A person who is abnormally anxious about their health.
- It has been the hot tech topic for hypochondriacs and health buffs for years.
- Her patients range from the terminally ill to manipulative hypochondriacs, from veiled Bangladeshi women to convicted felons.
- It's nearly impossible to ignore such complaints, because now and then, even hypochondriacs get sick.
adjectiveBack to top
another term for hypochondriacal.
- Also heavily featured is a hypochondriac police psychologist who provides Mr Paz's love interest.
- This point can be used in the treatment of disorders of zang organs, such as spleenomegaly, hepatomegaly, hypochondriac pain or jaundice.
- It eliminates hypochondriac pain and relieves stagnated anger.
Late 16th century: coined in French from Greek hupokhondriakos, from hupokhondria (see hypochondria).
Words that rhyme with hypochondriacMauriac • theriac
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.