- The part of the stem of an embryo plant beneath the stalks of the seed leaves, or cotyledons, and directly above the root.More example sentences
- A wide variety of organs from various plant species were analysed: roots, stems, hypocotyls, leaves, fruits, and petioles.
- In wild-type Arabidopsis plants, the roots, hypocotyls, and inflorescence stems exhibit gravitropic bending.
- Callus was formed on cotyledons, hypocotyls, and radicles of embryos.
More definitions of hypocotylDefinition of hypocotyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary