Definition of hypogastrium in English:
noun (plural hypogastria /-trēə/)Anatomy
The part of the central abdomen that is situated below the region of the stomach.
- We used a trocarless puncture in the hypogastrium to pass the distal aortic clamp.
- A clinical diagnosis of haemangioma of the pariet al wall of the hypogastrium was made.
- The jejunum is localised mostly in the left mesogastrium; the ileum in the right meso- and hypogastrium.
- Example sentences
- The surgeon identifies and suture ligates the ipsilateral hypogastric artery and exposes the ureter.
- She underwent a total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral hypogastric artery ligation.
- Then, he or she sutures the donor kidney's renal artery and the recipient's hypogastric artery using a vascular suture.
Definition of hypogastrium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia