noun (plural hypogastria /-trēə/)Anatomy
The part of the central abdomen that is situated below the region of the stomach.
More example sentences
- We used a trocarless puncture in the hypogastrium to pass the distal aortic clamp.
- A clinical diagnosis of haemangioma of the pariet al wall of the hypogastrium was made.
- The jejunum is localised mostly in the left mesogastrium; the ileum in the right meso- and hypogastrium.
late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek hupogastrion, from hupo 'under' + gastēr 'belly'.
- More example sentences
- The surgeon identifies and suture ligates the ipsilateral hypogastric artery and exposes the ureter.
- She underwent a total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral hypogastric artery ligation.
- Then, he or she sutures the donor kidney's renal artery and the recipient's hypogastric artery using a vascular suture.
Definition of hypogastrium in:
- The British & World English dictionary