- Each of the twelfth pair of cranial nerves, supplying the muscles of the tongue.More example sentences
- Descendens hypoglossi may be carried partly or completely by the vagus nerve instead of the hypoglossal nerve.
- The ipsilateral hypoglossal nerve was sectioned, and that half of the muscle became silent.
- Some fibers of the hypoglossal nerve can be traced through the reticular formation as they course towards the ventrolateral sulcus.
More definitions of hypoglossal nerveDefinition of hypoglossal nerve in:
- The British & World English dictionary