Definition of hypogonadism in English:
Reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries).
- Medical disorders such as Cushing's syndrome, hypothyroidism and hypogonadism rarely cause obesity.
- Accordingly, we determined prevalence and impact of hypogonadism on health-related quality of life in men with COPD.
- The causes of osteoporosis in men include hypogonadism, glucocorticoid excess, medications and lifestyle factors.
- Example sentences
- The drug also was approved for use by men with primary or hypogonadal osteoporosis who are at high risk for fractures.
- Of 38 hypogonadal patients, 29 had a concentration of LH that was low or normal, suggesting hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism.
- In the first study, 25 of 36 patients were hypogonadal.
Definition of hypogonadism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan