Definition of hypopituitarism in English:
Diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland, causing dwarfism in children and premature aging in adults.
- Patients with intracranial germinoma at other locations may present with diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism, and Perinaud syndrome.
- He was generally well, although he was small and taking growth hormone for hypopituitarism.
- Endocrinological consultation found longstanding symptoms which indicated hypopituitarism, and blood testing confirmed this.
- Example sentences
- In contrast to achondroplastic dwarfs, hypopituitary dwarfs often suffer from underlying metabolic health problems.
- The agency's action makes Humatrope the first therapy available for U.S. adults who suffer from SDS, frequently associated with hypopituitary disease.
- Growth hormone sensitivity in GH deficient hypopituitary adults is dependent on gender, but independent of timing of onset.
Definition of hypopituitarism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan