Definition of hyposensitize in English:
Reduce the sensitivity of (a hypersensitive person) to an allergen by frequently injecting small amounts of the allergen; desensitize.
- In rare cases, a person can be hyposensitized to pet allergens with weekly injections like I did.
- The third alternative is to hyposensitize the animal against those substances causing an allergic reaction.
- Allergy shots to hyposensitize or build up an immunity to dog allergens will work on some people but not others.
- Example sentences
- The goal of hyposensitization is to decrease this number of acute attacks to the minimum possible.
- If hyposensitization appears to help the dog, injections will continue for several years.
- It is also called desensitization, hyposensitization, and allergy shots.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan