- Of or relating to the testing of the consequences of hypotheses, to determine whether the hypotheses themselves are false or acceptable.More example sentences
- Both were convinced that the great Newtonian synthesis was the fruit of a hypothetico-deductive method.
- Moreover, in place of relativistic cosmology's inductive empiricism, Milne opted for a hypothetico-deductive rationalism.
- Lewis's discovery of transvection is a perfect example of the hypothetico-deductive method.
More definitions of hypothetico-deductiveDefinition of hypothetico-deductive in:
- The British & World English dictionary