Definition of hypsilophodont in English:
A small bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the middle Jurassic to late Cretaceous periods, adapted for swift running.
- Family Hypsilophodontidae, infraorder Ornithopoda, order Ornithischia
- Other bones of plant-eating dinosaurs, such as hypsilophodontids, were uncovered from the same region of peninsular Antarctica.
- The Ornithopoda included the hadrosaurs, the iguanodontids, the heterodontosaurs, the hypsilophodontids, and various other dinosaurs.
- Almost half of the dinosaur fossils found in southeastern Australia are hypsilophodontids.
Definition of hypsilophodont in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.