(also hypsilophodontid /-ˌläfəˈdäntid/)
- A small bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the middle Jurassic to late Cretaceous periods, adapted for swift running.
More example sentences
- Family Hypsilophodontidae, infraorder Ornithopoda, order Ornithischia
- Other bones of plant-eating dinosaurs, such as hypsilophodontids, were uncovered from the same region of peninsular Antarctica.
- The Ornithopoda included the hadrosaurs, the iguanodontids, the heterodontosaurs, the hypsilophodontids, and various other dinosaurs.
- Almost half of the dinosaur fossils found in southeastern Australia are hypsilophodontids.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Hypsilophodontidae, from Greek hupsilophos 'high-crested' + odous, odont- 'tooth'.
More definitions of hypsilophodontDefinition of hypsilophodont in:
- The British & World English dictionary