- A device for calibrating thermometers at the boiling point of water at a known height above sea level or for estimating height above sea level by finding the temperature at which water boils.More example sentences
- The height of a dominant or co-dominant tree in each plot was measured using an hypsometer and measuring tape.
- The most reliable tools for this purpose are an Abney hand level, a hypsometer, or a transit.
- The water level is simply raised to change the hypsometer into a variable temperature water bath.
More definitions of hypsometerDefinition of hypsometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary