Definition of ibex in English:
noun (plural ibexes)
A wild goat with long, thick ridged horns and a beard, found in the mountains of the Alps, Pyrenees, central Asia, and Ethiopia.
- Genus Capra, family Bovidae: the widespread C. ibex, and the Spanish ibex (C. pyrenaica) of the Pyrenees
- If you are lucky you may see an ibex, or wild mountain goat.
- At the top is an Ovis Amman, then two markhoors (wild goats), an ibex, and two Tibetan antelope.
- Most of the panels include motifs of animals, principally aurochs, horse, ibex, and red deer.
early 17th century: from Latin.
Definition of ibex in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan