Definition of ibogaine in English:
A hallucinogenic compound derived from the roots of a West African shrub, sometimes used as a treatment for heroin or cocaine addiction.
- The shrub is Tabernanthe iboga, family Apocynaceae
- Around the 30 minute mark on the nose, we veer off into ibogaine as addiction cure.
- The compound - the alkaloid ibogaine - is a known natural hallucinogen but has been used experimentally in treating addiction to drugs such as heroin.
- The conference featured speakers on topics ranging from ibogaine to harm reduction in the state of California.
From a blend of iboga (local name for the compound) and cocaine.
Definition of ibogaine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.