- Either of two succulent plants that are widely cultivated for their flowers.
More example sentences
- ● a South African plant that has leaves covered with glistening fluid-filled hairs that resemble ice crystals (genera Mesembryanthemum and Dorotheanthus, family Aizoaceae, in particular M. crystallinum). ● an Asian stonecrop that bears domed heads of tiny pink flowers (Sedum spectabile, family Crassulaceae).
- The ice plant's lime green foliage contrasts strongly with prickly silver mats of neighboring pinks.
- Expression of McHAK2 and McHAK3 was stimulated in leaves of the ice plant in response to high salinity.
- If you want to attract butterflies to your garden in late summer and autumn, look no further than the ice plant, a perennial which has pretty domed heads of pink flowers above thick, succulent leaves.
More definitions of ice plantDefinition of ice plant in:
- The British & World English dictionary