- 1(Of a drink or other liquid) cooled in or mixed with pieces of ice: iced coffeeMore example sentences
ice-cold, cold, chilled, refrigerated; frosty, icy, frozen
- Have a drink of cool or iced water if you are flushed, it may help to settle it down.
- Bottles of green tea, cooled in chests of iced water, are among the refreshing drinks available.
- I'm watching Meet the Press, as I drink iced coffee and eat an egg sandwich.
- 1.1(Of a surface or object) covered or coated with ice: we played hockey on the iced schoolyardMore example sentences
- Oetzi's new home is a refrigerated igloo covered with dozens of iced tiles.
- Pour the ingredients into a shaker, give it an over-the-shoulder shake and pour straight up into the iced glass.
- Served in a chilled, or iced glass this is a beer which not only flirts with perfection but goes on to consummate the relationship.
- 2(Of a cake or cookie) decorated with icing.More example sentences
- The family cook runs out of mincemeat, the cake is not iced yet and the tree is still to be decorated.
- A big thank you to Mary Morrisson who has baked and donated a beautiful iced cake to be raffled.
- Uncle Sam arrives in good time: The marquee is up, Uncle Sam's arrived, and the cake is iced.