noun (plural same or icefishes)
- 1 another name for capelin.More example sentences
- Below the ocean surface lies an even greater diversity of life, replete with corals, sponges and barnacles, as well as icefish and toothfish.
- I lobbed an unweighted icefish with an awkward flip of the heavy boat rod.
- He finds Simon standing alone by the rack of aquariums, tending their captives - the Antarctic limpets, and a lone, prize icefish.
- 2A scaleless Antarctic fish of pallid appearance with spiny gill covers and a snout shaped like a duck’s bill.
More example sentences
- Chaenocephalus aceratus, family Chaenichthyidae
- Changes to certain residues in ß-tubulin have been suggested to confer cold stability on the MTs of Antarctic icefishes.
- How do Anarctic icefish survive in freezing water?
More definitions of icefishDefinition of icefish in:
- The British & World English dictionary