Relating to Iceland or its language.
- The Icelandic language resembles Russian just enough to emit a similar impression.
- On Friday, Scotland under-21s not only beat their Icelandic counterparts but secured the services of a talented prospect.
- Miller, Burchill and Icelandic teenager Thorarinsson are all, for now, short-term solutions, contracted until the end of the season.
The North Germanic language of Iceland, which is very similar to Old Norse.
- The national language is Icelandic, a northern Germanic language with some resemblance to Middle English.
- Faroese is similar to Icelandic and stems from Old Norse.
- In our version, the Danes will be speaking English, and Grendel will be speaking Icelandic.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Icelandic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.