Definition of ichneumon in English:
1 (also ichneumon wasp or ichneumon fly) A slender parasitic wasp with long antennae that deposits its eggs in, on, or near the larvae of other insects.
- Family Ichneumonidae, order Hymenoptera: numerous genera and species
- For him, the fiend that shook his faith was the ichneumon wasp, which lays its eggs inside the larvae of the horntail wasp.
- They belong to the order Hymenoptera, which includes bees, wasps, sawflies, and ichneumons.
- The Persians did not worship wood and stone with the Greeks, nor the ibis and ichneumon with the Egyptians.
Words that rhyme with ichneumoncrewman, crewmen, energumen, human, Newman, numen, Schumann, subhuman, Trueman
Definition of ichneumon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.