verb (iconifies, iconifying, iconified)[with object] Computing
- Reduce (a window on a screen) to a small symbol or graphic representation of itself so as to make room for other windows.More example sentences
- This tool can be handy for long-running tasks; substitute the program name for the sleep command, and it will iconify the window, do the work and get back in your face when it's done.
- Windows belonging to the same Window groups can be iconified, killed, moved and shaded all at the same time.
- They provide the facility which allows you to move your windows around the screen, iconify and maximize them, and kill off those applications which just refuse to go away.
More definitions of iconifyDefinition of iconify in:
- The British & World English dictionary