- An adherent of an ideology, especially one who is uncompromising and dogmatic: a conservative ideologueMore example sentences
- It's time to lay down the law to the extremist uncompromising ideologues.
- The federal judiciary in particular is increasingly dominated by right-wing ideologues.
- The years of perestroika witnessed the transformation of Izvestia into the leading ideologue of capitalist reforms.
early 19th century: from French idéologue; see also ideology.
More definitions of ideologueDefinition of ideologue in:
- The British & World English dictionary