- Relating to or denoting any disease or condition that arises spontaneously or for which the cause is unknown.More example sentences
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease are idiopathic inflammatory disorders of unknown aetiology.
- Basically, idiopathic pericarditis is a disease of exclusion.
- Psychiatric symptoms frequently coexist with idiopathic Parkinson's disease and are often underdiagnosed and poorly treated.
More definitions of idiopathicDefinition of idiopathic in:
- The British & World English dictionary