1The set of genetic determinants of an individual.
- The consensus idiotype of H. vulgare was based on scoring within the H. vulgare group of 57 lines, with band frequencies of less than 0.5 scored as 0 and all other frequencies scored as 1.
- Since the combining sites of Abs and TCRs vary continually as part of the somatic combinatorial process, anti-Ab and TCR idiotypes arise continuously within the Ab and TCR components.
1.1A set of antigen-binding sites that characterizes the antibodies produced by a particular clone of antibody-producing cells.
- If the antibodies used for immunoassays have similar idiotypes as the imagining antibody then these endogenous anti-idiotypic HAMAs may block the binding of the diagnostic antibodies.
- Augmentation of immune responses to the disease with dendritic cells and idiotype vaccination is also being evaluated.
- The first clinical study involved injecting monocyte derived DCs pulsed with idiotype protein derived from B cell lymphoma 36.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of idiotype in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.