- 1A device for igniting a fuel mixture in an engine.More example sentences
- A packet of high-powered rocket engine igniters had allegedly been seized from Mr Roche's home.
- The court was told two packets of igniters for fuel pellets for model rockets, found in his flat in Perth, could have been used to set off a truck bomb.
- Toward the last quarter of the race, the igniter on the engine started to fail, causing the car to lose power.
- 2A device for causing an electric arc.More example sentences
- Electric igniters are standard features on gas furnaces and cooking appliances because continuous pilot lights in those fixtures consume gas needlessly.
- Glow igniters are a non-returnable and non-refundable electric component.
More definitions of igniterDefinition of igniter in:
- The British & World English dictionary