Unwise or imprudent: you would be ill-advised to go on your own
More example sentences
- This is delicate but to be encouraged (though Americans would be ill-advised to go anywhere near such a program with aid dollars).
- Even if, like Harold Wilson in 1974-76, he had already decided to step down, he would be ill-advised to announce this before the eleventh hour.
- However, when purchasing cloves - and they're readily available in most supermarkets and food shops - you will be ill-advised to buy the ground variety.
- More example sentences
- The Coast Guard, by the way, unfortunately - and in my opinion, ill-advisedly - sank this wonderful contraption that was a vehicle for freedom for these people.
- He decided to curb his alcohol consumption and ill-advisedly he turned to the heavy use of cannabis.
- The Donner Pass was named after the emigrants from the Midwest who ill-advisedly brought their wagon train up through these mountains in 1844 and had to resort to cannibalism to survive the winter.