Unwise or imprudent: you would be ill-advised to go on your own
More example sentences
- This is delicate but to be encouraged (though Americans would be ill-advised to go anywhere near such a program with aid dollars).
- Even if, like Harold Wilson in 1974-76, he had already decided to step down, he would be ill-advised to announce this before the eleventh hour.
- However, when purchasing cloves - and they're readily available in most supermarkets and food shops - you will be ill-advised to buy the ground variety.
- Example sentences
- The Coast Guard, by the way, unfortunately - and in my opinion, ill-advisedly - sank this wonderful contraption that was a vehicle for freedom for these people.
- He decided to curb his alcohol consumption and ill-advisedly he turned to the heavy use of cannabis.
- The Donner Pass was named after the emigrants from the Midwest who ill-advisedly brought their wagon train up through these mountains in 1844 and had to resort to cannibalism to survive the winter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.