- An electronic or other device that records images of something: a thermal imagerMore example sentences
- Also, instead of mechanical scanning, the newest generation of digital imagers now uses electronics to focus on one part of the image, reducing noise and the complexity of the equipment.
- Some of these would include television cameras, thermal imagers and FLIR (forward-looking, infrared radars).
- A current example is a digital camera on a chip that includes the imager, all control electronics, and an analog-to-digital converter - all on the same silicon chip.
More definitions of imagerDefinition of imager in:
- The British & World English dictionary