Definition of imidazole in English:
A colorless crystalline compound with mildly basic properties, present as a substituent in the amino acid histidine.
- a heterocyclic compound; chemical formula: C3H4N2
- The quenching effect is attributed to the presence of proximal imidazole and pyrrole groups in their three-dimensional structures.
- Conventional modeling of the amino acid side chains was used, that is, the zinc ligands aspartate, cysteinate, and histidine were modeled by acetate, methylthiolate, and imidazole, respectively.
- In contrast, the lipid portion of the cuticular membrane, the cuticle proper and the matrix of the cuticular layer react with imidazole.
Definition of imidazole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.