- A colorless crystalline compound with mildly basic properties, present as a substituent in the amino acid histidine.
More example sentences
- a heterocyclic compound; chemical formula: C3H4N2
- The quenching effect is attributed to the presence of proximal imidazole and pyrrole groups in their three-dimensional structures.
- Conventional modeling of the amino acid side chains was used, that is, the zinc ligands aspartate, cysteinate, and histidine were modeled by acetate, methylthiolate, and imidazole, respectively.
- In contrast, the lipid portion of the cuticular membrane, the cuticle proper and the matrix of the cuticular layer react with imidazole.
More definitions of imidazoleDefinition of imidazole in:
- The British & World English dictionary