- An organic compound containing the group —CONHCO—, related to ammonia by replacement of two hydrogen atoms by acyl groups.More example sentences
- Fine-changing the structure, namely, substituting the hydroxyl group in the cyclic imide ring of 4 by a methylester group, triggers accumulation of 5 in the lipid droplets.
- Availability of the N-O type of conjugation in the imide cycle was considered for the compounds 3-6.
- Interestingly, the N-O type of conjugation in the imide ring provided at this stage the most active derivatives 4 and 5.
mid 19th century: from French, arbitrary alteration of amide.
More definitions of imideDefinition of imide in:
- The British & World English dictionary