- A synthetic compound used to treat depression.
More example sentences
- A tricyclic amine; chemical formula: C19H24N2
- Isolated instances of such damage have been reported with such drugs as benoxaprofen, chlorpromazine, haloperidol, imipramine, and others.
- Antidepressants included in the trials were imipramine, amitriptyline, desipramine, phenylzine, isocaboxazid, brofaramine, fluoxetine, mianserin, and bupropion.
- Another class of drugs used to relax the bladder is tricyclic antidepressants, such as imipramine, nortriptyline, and desipramine.
1950s: from imi(ne) + pr(opyl) + amine.
More definitions of imipramineDefinition of imipramine in:
- The British & World English dictionary