Definition of immigration in English:
1The action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country: patterns of immigration from the Indian sub-continent to Britain
More example sentences
- This is also the generation who suffered most at the brutal application of immigration laws.
- The second great problem in immigration and illegal trafficking in people.
- The screening of this film will be followed by a discussion on illegal immigration.
1.1The place at an airport or country’s border where government officials check the documents of people entering that country.
- Admittedly it took a little while at immigration but that was just checking passports.
- Late that night we cleared immigration and added an observer to the crew.
- I tried to plead with immigration to see if we could come to an understanding.
Definition of immigration in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan