- A procedure for detecting or measuring specific proteins or other substances through their properties as antigens or antibodies: these general principles can be applied to all immunoassays the uses of immunoassay in industryMore example sentences
- This has important applications in protein chromatography, immunoassays for medical diagnostic tests, development of biosensors, biotechnology, and biocatalysis.
- Enzyme immunoassays for detecting chlamydial antigen and direct nucleic acid probe assays are the most widely used tests and can evaluate large numbers of samples.
- In medical diagnostics, solid-phase immunoassays are used where immunoglobulins are immobilized on a substrate, which then form sandwichlike complexes with antigens.
More definitions of immunoassayDefinition of immunoassay in:
- The British & World English dictionary