- Failure of the immune system to protect the body adequately from infection, due to the absence or insufficiency of some component process or substance.More example sentences
- With more than 70 disorders classified as congenital immunodeficiencies and other syndromes in which immunodeficiency is a significant component, it is somewhat overwhelming to attempt a thorough cataloging.
- Chapter 8 further discusses immunity and immunodeficiencies, including an introduction to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Furthermore, children with humoral immunodeficiencies often have infections in other sites such as ears, lung, and skin.
More definitions of immunodeficiencyDefinition of immunodeficiency in:
- The British & World English dictionary