Relating to or denoting substances able to produce an immune response.
- Most of these proteins which contain peptide repeats are also immunogenic and the host produces significant amount of antibodies against these.
- This approach is valuable for rapidly screening antibody specificities and assessing protein orientation needed for optimal presentation of immunogenic determinants.
- Our results suggest that on UV irradiation, arginine can induce certain conformational alterations in DNA rendering it immunogenic.
- Example sentences
- Paraformaldehyde, unlike glutaraldehyde, preserves the immunogenicity of the cell surface proteins and virus proteins.
- The aim of the present study was to define the possible use of an adjuvant that could be used without conjugation, both by parenteral and mucosal immunization, to increase the immunogenicity of M protein.
- The disease may no longer be common, so the production of antibodies or immunogenicity, rather than protection from disease (clinical efficacy), has to be assessed.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of immunogenic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.