- A crater on a planet or moon caused by the impact of a meteorite or other object, typically circular with a raised rim.More example sentences
- The ball's trajectory eventually led him to the Herschel Basin, a meteor impact crater, which is where he finally crash-landed.
- Estimates of the frequencies of impacts in the 1 kilometre size bracket range from 100,000 to 333,000 years, but the youngest impact crater produced by an object of this size is almost a million years old.
- It is the largest impact crater in the entire solar system.
More definitions of impact craterDefinition of impact crater in:
- The British & World English dictionary