Definition of impatiens in English:
An East African plant with abundant red, pink, or white flowers. It is often grown as a houseplant, and its many hybrids are grown as bedding plants.
- Genus Impatiens, family Balsaminaceae
- Plant impatiens with begonias, coleus, ferns, fuchsias, hydrangeas, and lobelias.
- Warm-season annuals such as marigolds, impatiens and zinnias are adapted to bloom even during the hottest weather.
- Eat on the splendid terrace under the branches of plane, chestnut, maple, and acacia trees; the low stone walls are dressed with impatiens and hydrangeas (and the peonies were blooming in March).
Words that rhyme with impatiensHomo sapiens • nolens volens • delirium tremens • Serpens
Definition of impatiens in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.