Definition of imperforate in English:
1Not perforated, in particular.
- It further subdivides extraxial plates into two types, perforate and imperforate.
- Totally imperforate, the wall is clad in grey granite into which are incised examples of all the world's written communications from runes to barcodes, renaissance scripts to Braille.
- The building is enclosed by imperforate walls, a favourite device of Moneo's that reinterprets the traditional form of the Spanish alcazar.
1.1 Anatomy & Zoology Lacking the normal opening: unicellular spores of these parasites have an imperforate wall
More example sentences
- In typical Level 3 geometries, the shell was tightly coiled, with an imperforate umbilicus.
- The most common associated conditions include Hirschsprung's disease and imperforate anus.
- In the former, they are embedded within perforate extraxial skeleton, whereas in the latter, they separate imperforate from perforate extraxial regions.
Words that rhyme with imperforateperforate
Definition of imperforate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.