Definition of impetigo in English:
A contagious bacterial skin infection forming pustules and yellow, crusty sores.
- This disease is caused by the bacteria Streptococcus pyogenes or S. aureus
- Common skin infections include cellulitis, erysipelas, impetigo, folliculitis, and furuncles and carbuncles.
- Those ailments included scabies, a parasitic skin infection, and impetigo, a bacterial infection linked to poor sanitation.
- Excessive scratching can cause a bacterial infection such as impetigo, which may make symptoms worse.
Late Middle English: from Latin, from impetere 'to assail, attack'.
Definition of impetigo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.