Definition of implosive in English:
1Formed by implosion; tending to implode.
- There are several advantages in using an implosive source for seismic imaging beneath the seafloor.
- The hydraulic press doesn't present the fire or safety hazard the implosive sleeve process does.
- We propose to continue, and hopefully complete, development of an implosive seismic source which can be used on the seafloor.
1.1 Phonetics Denoting a type of consonant produced in the glottis with an ingressive air flow.
- She is never given to hysteria, or explosive passion, as much as she is to exploring implosive energy that builds, as if by stealth, into something more meaningful and inevitable.
- Empty trances differ from mystical illumination in being implosive rather than infusive absorptions; moreover, trances are dense and dark rather than ethereal and bright.
- This translation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights into Fula includes implosive consonants.
Definition of implosive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan