- Evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill: grand, imposing, or awesome: an impressive view of the mountains impressive achievements in scienceMore example sentences
magnificent, majestic, imposing, splendid, spectacular, grand, awe-inspiring, striking, stunning, breathtaking, impactfulmasterly, accomplished, expert, skilled, skillful, consummate; excellent, outstanding, first-class, first-rate, fine, superb
- What makes her achievement all the more impressive is that she is something of a late starter.
- It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.
- His achievement is all the more impressive given the in limitations of the chosen media.
- More example sentences
- All are well written, impressively detailed, and documented with photographic and other evidence.
- However, the prices were still impressively cheap and the food relatively good.
- Even more impressively, he got it approximately two hours after I'd posted the puzzle.