- North American At the back of something, especially a building: my dad demolished an old shed in back of his barnMore example sentences
- I could see a garden and path leading into the forest, which was in back of the building.
- My right leg is a little sore in back, and that just came about today.
- I felt my eyes roll in back of my head, the way it happens when you are falling asleep while watching TV.
More definitions of in backDefinition of in back in:
- The British & World English dictionary